- Incorporating industry changes in your PPC campaign
For an effective PPC campaign management, it is important to focus on what is new and what has changed. This can help you manage large and high spend accounts. It is always better to focus on fragments that go up or down rapidly than to keep a track on good or bad points of certain segments.
In order to make your PPC campaign successful, you need to consider the following points:
- Segment – which includes your Pay Per Click ad campaign, advertisement groups, text ads, keywords, etc.
An ideal way to change your PPC campaign in accordance with the trend of the industry is to incorporate those changes and alterations at campaign stage itself. Making changes in your keywords or changing your ad groups in the initial stages may be a little difficult but can help you in the long run.
- Metric – includes selecting certain data points, a slight change in which can bring in desired results
It is vital to have actionable metrics as far as possible. Focusing on key performance indicators or KPIs such as ROI (return on investment), CPA or Gross Profit may help you alter your strategies according to the industry trends.
- Time Period – includes using at least 2 time periods for determining the level of change.
You can go for week-over-week or month-over-month evaluations.
- Trends Charts to analyze performance
Analyzing your data over a period of time, according to the trends charts makes it easier to spot the bad points. Trends charts show leads over period of time and also cost per lead. Segmenting these charts, like segmenting your data, can take you even further and can make your search engine marketing performance even better.
Presenting the data in a table form makes it easier to understand and analyze. You can also include mini-charts in your report to specify minute details which are essential for your pay per click program.