The success of your website depends on rigorous SEO activities which mean how search engines view your website pages. Allowing search engines to crawl is important for your search engine optimization success; therefore every page of your website needs to be optimized. Have you ever heard of this term ‘on-page SEO’? If not, then the first and foremost thing you should learn is this only. On page SEO ensure that your website is as search engine friendly as possible and for that you should help the search spiders find other pages easily on your website after finding your website. If you are website is not well optimized, then you have less chances of getting good results in the search engines. Here is a quick guide towards good on-page search engine optimization.
- Make sure that all of your web pages can be indexed by search engines – make sure that they all have at least one link from somewhere on your site.
- Provide proper paths for spiders to follow from starting point to the end point of your website and then again to the starting point. If you use text based links rather than flash, it will increase the relevancy of your website page.
- Do not forget to add XML sitemap which is the ideal and structured way to redirect the search spiders to catch hold of relevant pages. For effective on-page SEO, you can also place a link at the bottom of your website.
- You can use robots.txt files for certain pages of your website which need not be included in the database and this will result in effective on-page optimization.
- You also have to ensure that the images in your website use descriptive URLs as it will make easier for the search engines to index that particular page of your website.
- After learning all the basics of how search engine actually take your website, you have to come down to the contents of your website which is the most important thing to tell search engines what you actually sell.
- The title tags should include some of the strongest keywords first and less relevant at the end.
- Do not forget to optimize the description tag which is used by the search engines to know about the theme of the page. Once the search engine spiders have relevant information from the starting of the website, they scan the whole page for the same kind of relevancy.
- For better on-page SEO, you must create separate page for each topic as it becomes easier for the search engines to crawl and index it without any kind of confusion. You must keep the content simple, add keywords in the link names, put keywords in anchor link also.